You probably wouldn’t be surprised to know it’s hard to eat healthy on the road. At least, not without access to a kitchen/fridge of some sort. While B and I typically snack for lunches for the sake of convenience and price, we usually end up eating breakfast and dinner at a restaurant. Basically what I’m saying is: There are times I’ve wished muumuus were back in style (if they were ever in style?) so I could continue eating In N Out milkshakes all day, every day. Enter the tee shirt dress.
When I first saw the tee shirt dress, my first thought was, “Yeah, I would look good in a potato sack if I lost 30 pounds.” Who looks good in these dresses? Models, that’s who. Unnnnless you cinch it. So when a friend of mine gave me her old tee shirt dress with a tie in the middle, I finally saw the light. You can give yourself just enough structure to not look like a linebacker and still hide that burrito baby you had at lunch.
1. I realize this dress contradicts everything I just said up there about potato sackness, but it’s $18 and if you tie a cute ribbon around the waist, you’d be good to go. Get it here.
2. This $30 shirt dress has pockets. PLEASE PUT POCKETS IN MORE DRESSES, CLOTHING PEOPLE! Ahem. From here.
3. I love everything about this $20 dress and I want one in every color. Buy yours here.
4. I’m not typically a fan of patterns because I feel like I’m loud enough as it is, but I like this $16 one. Get one here.
5. This $40 dress looks comfortable and adorable, a fantastic combination. Plus, it counts as business casual right? Whatever, I want one. Buy one here.
6. This $45 dress kind of looks like a romper and a kimono all rolled into one and I think that’s fantastic. I want one. From here.
7. Yes, please, dress that’s on sale for $60. Just don’t wear it with a denim jacket. Or do. Yolo. On sale here.
8. I really want to buy six of these $98 dresses, but I’m pretty sure B would kill me. Or make me return them, fine. Get one (or six) here.
Happy Friday! Do you guys have any fun plans? B and I still haven’t figured out a place to stay for the weekend, so there’s that.